The Other Side

Ah, the other side. The other side of the lake, the other side of a door, the other side of the tracks, the other side of the mountain, the other side of the world, the other side of a certain age. The view is pretty nice over here!

Wednesday, August 06, 2003

Think back through your life and recall any library experiences you remember, then write about whatever comes up. These may be memories of storytimes, finding illicit information as a teenager (we had to learn somehow), how a librarian assisted us as we desperately searched for references for a term paper, cramming for exams in college, or of getting lost in a book for hours.

This was part of the Wednesday Wonder two weeks ago, and it set off thinking about the libraries in my life. Here's my start.
Posted by Shirl at 6:40 AM
Newer Post Older Post Home

Blog Archive

  • ►  1990 (2)
    • ►  August (1)
    • ►  December (1)
  • ►  2002 (571)
    • ►  May (38)
    • ►  June (64)
    • ►  July (117)
    • ►  August (54)
    • ►  September (74)
    • ►  October (73)
    • ►  November (73)
    • ►  December (78)
  • ▼  2003 (950)
    • ►  January (91)
    • ►  February (77)
    • ►  March (100)
    • ►  April (70)
    • ►  May (79)
    • ►  June (76)
    • ►  July (78)
    • ▼  August (51)
      • Friday Five: 1. What time do you wake up on weekd...
      • Oh yeah, it's Saturday! I always like to stop ove...
      • Unconscious Mutterings: I say … and you think … ?...
      • More 26Things are up! Farrago's are here. (South...
      • Monday Madness: 1. What's a situation in your lif...
      • Glacier Park Fire. The Glacier Park Fires are bei...
      • Ummm yeah, right! Swiped from Richard. You are B...
      • Voting Day. On the ballot: mayor, city council, ...
      • B E That should say BE above, but it isn't showi...
      • Think back through your life and recall any librar...
      • Choo-choo! In less than 36 hours I jump on the AM...
      • Can you see my grin through your computer monitor?...
      • Another 26Things here. This one from Kathryn, who...
      • Bryn authored the Wednesday Wonder last week, and ...
      • The Circulating Journal has reached Michigan, but ...
      • Yay! Cybertoad did it! She got her 26Things up b...
      • This is it. Shower, dress, get picked up by sis a...
      • ummm. okay. let's see, how does this blogger thi...
      • Monday Madness. Adults: 1. When I was a kid, my f...
      • Morning! Still sorting out digital pictures and...
      • YOU ARE CATNIP What herb are you? brought to you ...
      • Running Eagle Falls This fall has also been cal...
      • Wednesday...Transition day from vacation to realit...
      • The Circulating Journal: The Circulating Journal ...
      • The Century Project. A beautiful portrait of wome...
      • Montana Weather Susan asked about the weather on ...
      • Just played Obsfucation, the Blog game, over at ot...
      • Richard has Myers-Briggs Prayers posted. Here's m...
      • Good Saturday Morning! If you have to come back t...
      • Newsletter Survey Question this Month If we have ...
      • Just think, if Michigan had a gubernatorial recal...
      • Bobbi let the cat out of the bag. Happy Birthday,...
      • Unconscious Mutterings: Now I know I'm back! Bay...
      • Connect 8 is the newest photo idea from sh1ft.org....
      • I told you that dang Ms. Glory Bear liked to eat...
      • Monday Madness 1. What is your favorite form of a...
      • Speaking of art, I've been remiss. Go visit Leah'...
      • Shhhhh...don't tell Michelle but I stole her grape...
      • Open Range I like Kevin Costner. I like the west...
      • Charity Tuesday. (How Giving Can Be Fun.) (or......
      • See, I'm in Good Company. "I am in love with Mont...
      • eep. Looks like blog*spot spots are down. awww.
      • You will have difficulty finding outlets for your ...
      • Want to up your Google hits? Add the word "cliff ...
      • Glory Bear Meets a Mountain Goat Ms. Glory Bear ...
      • Friday, August 29, 2003 12:15 PM EST Rate Your M...
      • Changes Changes Changes Changes Kathryn has moved...
      • The Circulating Journal is now at Onyx's.
      • Big Ten Football I suspect I'm going to be in tro...
      • Unconscious Mutterings: Kiss:: First Nothing:: vo...
      • Comments update: Update (August 31, 12:25 AM EST):...
    • ►  September (85)
    • ►  October (77)
    • ►  November (81)
    • ►  December (85)
  • ►  2004 (929)
    • ►  January (76)
    • ►  February (60)
    • ►  March (80)
    • ►  April (68)
    • ►  May (78)
    • ►  June (80)
    • ►  July (88)
    • ►  August (97)
    • ►  September (79)
    • ►  October (83)
    • ►  November (73)
    • ►  December (67)
  • ►  2005 (790)
    • ►  January (70)
    • ►  February (61)
    • ►  March (73)
    • ►  April (64)
    • ►  May (63)
    • ►  June (64)
    • ►  July (75)
    • ►  August (60)
    • ►  September (68)
    • ►  October (62)
    • ►  November (66)
    • ►  December (64)
  • ►  2006 (620)
    • ►  January (67)
    • ►  February (67)
    • ►  March (53)
    • ►  April (62)
    • ►  May (34)
    • ►  June (52)
    • ►  July (48)
    • ►  August (37)
    • ►  September (42)
    • ►  October (66)
    • ►  November (41)
    • ►  December (51)
  • ►  2007 (108)
    • ►  January (50)
    • ►  February (57)
    • ►  March (1)

About Me

My photo
Shirl
1.5.14. Time to redo the blog again. I have plans for you this year, little blog. Hope to see everyone a bit more!
View my complete profile
Simple theme. Powered by Blogger.